Due to a significant increase in COVID cases, people are hesitating to visit clinics or hospitals for COVID tests, also known as the RT-PCR test. Here, we are discussing how to book a slot for the COVID test online. Using the online corona test booking process, you will be able to reserve your spot and the concerned person will visit your home for the collection.
This article will find details of all RT PCR test (at home) providers in all Indian states and UTs. Before we go deeper into this, let’s explore few important aspects.
Who Should get tested for COVID
- If anybody is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, he should get tested immediately
- If anybody has been within 6 feet distance (for 15 minutes or more) from somebody who has tested positive recently, he should get tested immediately.
- If you have any other reasons to believe that you could be infected, you must get tested as soon as possible.
What is RT PCR Test
RT PCR stands for “Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction”. This particular test is the most recommended test for patients with COVID Symptoms. This test requires precision. If the lab technician is unable to collect the sample properly, the final result can be false.
Since it is the most effective and reliable tool for diagnosing COVID-19, the PCR test is considered as the “gold standard.”
What Documents are Required for Home COVID RT PCR Test
Most of the labs offering home sample collection service will ask for certain documents during the online booking process. The required documents are:
- Any Government ID Proof (Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, etc)
- Apart from this basic information like Complete address, mobile number, email ID, the collection date may be asked
What to Expect During COVID RT PCR Test
- Sample collection is done using a swab to collect respiratory material found in the patient’s nose.
- A swab contains a soft tip on a long, flexible stick that is inserted into your nose. The patient is advised to stay still during the sample collection process.
- Once the lab technician has collected the sample successfully, the swab is sealed in a tube and then sent to a laboratory.
We hope that at this point you have basic idea regarding COVID 19 RT PCR test. Now, let’s focus on our main topic which is RT PCR Test Online Booking for home collection.
Online lab test booking is very common in India. Before COVID, one could easily book appointment for home collection of blood (or urine) sample. During this Corona situation, things have changed drastically. Although major lab chains are still doing their level best to provide in-home collection service, others are unfortunately lagging behind due to lack of resources.
Another major issue being faced for RT PCR Test online appointment is waiting time. Most of the labs providing home collection facility are overwhelmed due to huge demand. This is leading to longer waiting time. The waiting time in most impacted cities like Delhi & Mumbai is longer than a week.
DR Lal Path Lab COVID Test Home Collection – Online Booking Guide
Dr Lal Path Lab is one of the biggest Lab chains in India. Their labs are present in small cities and towns too. In these difficult times, Lal path lab is offering home testing. Here is how you can book online :
Note : Currently Lal path Labs is offering online booking for COVID tests for corporates only. Others need to contact the Nearest Lal Path lab & book slot.
- Visit the Official COVID Test page at Lal path labs Portal
- At this page, you will see various types of tests available for COVID 19. Below that, you will find the application form
- Enter all the required information and hit that submit button. Note down the system-generated reference number.
COVID RT PCR with Home Collection by Apollo 247 (Apollo Hospitals)
Apollo 247 is offering a home collection for COVID RT PCR Test. Here is the process of RT PCR Test home collection booking at apollo 247
- The price is shown on the screen
- To proceed, you need to click on “Add to Cart” option, then click again at “Proceed to Cart”
- Now, you need to use the “Login to Continue” Button
- You will be asked to provide your mobile number to proceed
- Enter the mobile number and provide the OTP to login
- You can then pay online and book the test
- Concerned lab technician will visit as per decided date and time
Corona Test Booking at 1mg
1mg is a leading company providing online medicine buying, test booking & other similar services on its website and mobile app. RT PCR test at the home facility can be availed at 1mg portal or mobile app.
- Visit the 1mg COVID RTPCR Test booking page
- Click on “Add to Cart” & then log in (new users need to register first)
- Once logged in, you need to pay the amount and after successful payment, date and time for home collection will be shared
Myhealthspace Offering COVID 19 Test Home Sample Collection
Another company myhealthspace is offering home sample collection service. In order to book online, follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Page at myhealthspace website
- Enter your Name, Mobile Number, Email Address, and select city from the list
- You will be asked to provide your complete address for home collection
- Then hit the “Book Now” button
These were some of the popular labs offering home sample collection facilities for the COVID RT PCR Test. Be advised that these labs are not available everywhere. If this service is not available in your area, you must TRY THIS SEARCH QUERY.
List of Government Authorized Labs for COVID Testing
If you get a slot for a home collection, that’s excellent. Even if you didn’t, don’t worry. You may approach the nearest authorized COVID 19 RT PCR Test equipped lab. Here is how you can find an authorized lab nearest to your location :
- Visit the Official Website
- Just right to the map, you will see a search box where you can enter your location
- Enter your location and you will see list of all available labs.
- Click on the result to find directions and other contact details
Is RT PCR Home collection Facility available at my area?
To confirm this, visit the website of the company offering home test. There you will be asked to select the location or enter your Pin code. After providing this information, you will be informed if home sample collection is available at your area or not.
What is the Price of COVID RT PCR Test at Home
There are variations in the pricing from place to place. Average price of RT PCR test at lab is 600 to 700 rupees. However, for home collection, this varies from Rs. 800 to Rs. 1200.
What precautions should i take before & after the lab technician visit my place for testing?
If possible wear a PPE kit. If not, ensure that your body is totally covered. Wear a double mask with a surgical mask on top. After the technician collects the sample and leaves, sanitize the place, change your clothes & take a bath.
Home collection for RT-PCR Test is not available at my area, what should i do?
In such scenario, you must approach your nearest lab providing this facility. Take proper precautions. Wear double mask, sanitize your hands regularly and maintain distance from others.
When can i expect my Corona test report?
The report is usually made available within 24-48 hours. However in certain cases, due to high workload this could take as long as 72 hours.